Tuesday, July 15, 2008

10 songs that make me ...

I said to a friend over a sumptous meal of pasta at one of our favourite hangouts.


"I think the relationship I had and the one I am in,is all a figment of my imagination.They are never there....Maybe I imagined it."


So here's the theme to the list of these songs....songs that I listen to when I want to go back and think,when I want to cry and those which make me cry even if I dont want to.


1.Into Dust-I heard it for the first time in one of my favourite sitcoms.Both the versions by Mazzy Star and Ashtar Command sweep me off my feet.


Still falling Breathless and on again

Inside today Beside me today


A round broken in two'til your eyes shed into dustLike two strangers turning into dust'til my hand shook


the way of fearI could possibly be fading


Or have something more to gain I could feel myself growing colder


I could feel myself under your fateUnder...your fate.



2.Paint the Silence by South

There are some songs that make you of the songs that you no longer listen to,coz you don't wanna think of the past.It reminds me of the past,my past,of associating it with something that had stopped existing.

The song that started it all,the song that it ended with....The O.C. ;)


How can you say your life is empty So late in the day Why would you stay another second

Now your sight got in the way


A combination of love and aggression Another second lived Don't paint the silence black now save me


Don't leave it a day

You got a right to stand or die so maybe

You take chances all the same.Pain comes in stages If we dont make it Nothing changes .

Now the violence sleeps inside

Abandoned feeling for just a piece of mind.

It's the reason why your teething side frustrates me.


3.Aadat by Jal







When I heard the original track,I fell in love with the song and all that it means to each of those who loves it as much I do.I loved it not because of Atif,but because it was a great track by the group.





4.Goodbye my lover by James Blunt


Coz I fell in love with the guy making his debut by writing an album on his ex-girlfriend....to see that its not just me who goes crazy when in love.

My favourite lines include:

You touched my heart you touched my soul.



You changed my life and all my goals .And love is blind and that I knew when,My heart was blinded by you.I've kissed your lips and held your hand.





Shared your dreams and shared your bed.I know you well, I know your smell.I've been addicted to you.

I 've seen you cry, I've seen you smile.I've watched you sleeping for a while.I'd be the father of your child.I'd spend a lifetime with you.I know your fears and you know mine.We've had our doubts but now we're fine,And I love you, I swear that's true.I cannot live without you.









P.S.-He hates his ex now.

5.Beautiful by Jennifer Paige




I heard it for the first time in a movie called "Autumn in New York."It's a beautiful song for reasons unknown.








6.The Scientist by Coldplay


X & Y ,this album was one of the most popular amongst others in the very successful career of this group.




Come up to meet you, Tell you I’m sorry,

You don’t know how lovely you are I had to find you, Tell you I need you,

Tell you I set you apart Tell me your secrets, And ask me your questions, Aww let’s go back to the start Runnin’ in circles, [sounds like]



Comin’ our tails, Heads on the science apart Nobody said it was easy It’s such a shame for us to part

Nobody said it was easy No one ever said it would be this hard Aww take me back to the start I was just guessin’,

At numbers and figures, Pullin’ the puzzles apart Questions of science, Science and progress,


Do not speak as loud as my heart


Tell me you love me, Come back to haunt me, Oh when I rush to the start Runnin’ in circles, [sounds like] Chasin’ our tails, Comin’ back as we are Nobody said it was easy Aww It’s such a shame for us to part Nobody said it was easy No one ever said it would be so hard I’m goin’ back to the start .


Okay,I thought I write many more since I have a whole collection,but I think tis enough for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really think i need to give u some maths lessons urgently... n then sing some beatles to u..

Anonymous said...

nice collection, check these ones out as well. these might be in your collection...
'better than me' by hinder
'outside' by staind
'when i'm gone' by 3 doors down

Manavi Siddhanti said...

thanks boys,appreciate it.